f

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

The Wednesday Showcase 2017 Hall of Fame Part 1

Wouldn't it be lovely if everyone could experience one Oscar Winning moment in their lives? A few moments where a huge audience applauds you for a fabulous accomplishment. Most of us will never experience a true Oscar winning moment, but hopefully there will be a few times in our lives where someone takes a moment to say, "Wow, what an incredible job you did!"

For my birthday, my husband took me to Madison,WI. I know that may seem a little strange to many, but I absolutely LOVE Madison. Not once have I had a bad meal, in fact, every restaurant I've tried has had an amazing dish. There is a small theater just off the capitol square called The Bartell. I have loved every play that I have seen there. And what's interesting to me is that I see plays there before they come to Chicago! Fortunately, we were able to see the play that ran in December. It was entitled, Twilight of the Golds. A very thought provoking play about decisions we must now make with the advancements in technology as well as medicine. Not a Christmas story by any stretch of the imagination. It was a very cold night, and the university had already let the students out for their Christmas break, so things were rather quiet. The theater was even quieter as there were only 7 people in the audience. When the play ended, I went up to the director and told her how much I enjoyed the play and added, "we came from Chicago to see the play and it was well worth the drive."(It's a 3 hour drive to Madison from Chicago) Her mouth dropped open, and her eyes grew large. All she could do was udder a quiet thank you. As I walked away, I realized that I could not have given her, as well as the cast a better compliment. A teeny tiny Oscar moment :)

With the beginning of the new year, I like to go back and once again showcase all the lovely bloggers whom we've visited this past year. I like taking the time to say thank you for all you do to add a little extra spice to our lovely world of sewing, fashion, and inspiration. 

2017 began with Nikki of Pin, Cut Sew. She's a mom to 3 very active children, and I have no idea how she does all she does! Since we visited with her last January, she has added a few fun things to her blog. She continues to inspire and encourage all who come in contact with her. 



We also met Beth of Sew DIY. She has a brand new pattern out, and is once again offering a FREE printable 2018 Sewing Calendar. The calendar is a wonderful way to stay organized and motivated. You can download it HERE. Be sure to take a few moments to say thank you!!! Her new pattern, the Lou Box Dress is the perfect casual wear weekend outfit. You can find links to all of her patterns on her blog.


  
Next up was Dana of Deedle and Thread. She not only loves to sew, she also makes the most beautiful pieces of jewelry to compliment her wardrobe. 



We were inspired by Londa of Londa's Creative Threads. She is passionate about sewing and love's nothing more than to share her knowledge. In fact, since we met her, she has begun to offer sewing classes as a fun, birthday party experience. Such a great idea!!! Londa was also featured in a recent issue of Altered Couture. You can read more about it HERE. The garment on the right below is the before picture, and the after you can see in the magazine. Beautiful! 


We traveled to New Jersey and met the super sweet Tomasa of Sew Much Fashion. You may remember her incredibly beautifully fitted pants that she made using the Joyce Murphy pant fitting system. You can read her posts on pant fitting HERE, and HERE


Eli Cat of Cat In a Wardrobe, was so much fun to meet, Not only does she love to sew, she has an incredible fashion sense. So her blog is like a sewing and fashion blog all rolled into one! Be sure to pop by and see some of her more recent makes. 


Rather than overload you with the entire year of showcased bloggers, we'll stop here. BTW, that was only January!!! Amazing! I'll be back next week with more from last year that you may have missed. 

If by chance you have a blog, let me know. I would love to see what you do, and showcase your work in 2018 :)

Happy Wednesday!
Rhonda



Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This

9 comments:

  1. We lived in Madison near the square, 2 years. Nice, as they say. But high tailed it back to San Francisco pretty fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine the winters were a bit of a shock! But it’s still a lovely city to visit... like San Francisco is as well 😊

      Delete
  2. Hello Rhonda! I've been following your blog for quite some time and feel compelled to comment on this post! I live right next to Madison, WI and love the city! It would be so fun to meet next time you're in the area!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love that! My next trip will probably be sometime in April.

      Delete
  3. A happy belated birthday to you Rhonda and how lovely to spend it somewhere wonderful. Happy New Year too :). As always it is lovely to read your writings and how nice to find yet more new-to-me blogs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was so happy to see a new post from you 😊
      Thanks for the birthday wishes. I’m looking forward to a fabulous new year!

      Delete
  4. I love looking back on your grea turned bloggers. Your blog is such a delight to read, I look forward to your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire 😊
      Happy New Year!
      Love your post on how to boost creativity.

      Delete
  5. However do you find these inspirational sewers?
    Thank you Rhonda and I trust you will have a healthy and happy New Year 2018.

    ReplyDelete